Open with limited services - Campus Saarbrücken (as of 22.02.2021)
From 12.01.2021 we can offer our services to you again in a limited scope.
The current opening hours are: Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm.
We kindly ask you to observe the currently valid distance and hygiene rules during your on-site visit and to wear a mouth-nose covering at all times.
The following is currently possible:
- Borrowing ordered media via the self-check-out station. A valid library card is required for this. Items will be ready for pickup from the second business day after ordering through the library catalog. Picking them up is possible for 5 opening days.
If you would like to borrow media from the course reserve collections, which is possible for seven days, please contact our lending department (Ausleihe) by e-mail.
- The contactless registration for library use. Please fill out the online self-registration form first and then send an e-mail with the subject "New registration" to the lending department (Ausleihe). If you already have an account for the HTW libraries, you do not need to complete the self-registration form. The staff will then get in touch with you about the further procedure.
- The return of borrowed media.
- Ordering literature via interlibrary loan.
- The processing of particularly urgent print orders via our photo centre; information on this can be found here.
- The use of our digital services via VPN (only for UdS members).
- The use of our digital services at a PC workstation in the hall (also for non-UdS members).
- Scanning library materials at a book scanner in the hall.
- The use of the electronic document delivery service ELiSa.
All other services are currently not available!
As part of the Corona adjustments, we have introduced the automatic renewal of loan periods. The advantage for you is that you no longer have to take care of this yourself. As soon as the end of the current loan period is reached, the system automatically extends it. If an extension is no longer possible, e.g. due to a reservation, you will be informed by e-mail.
Please note the updated lending conditions of the Philological Library.
Late fees will not be charged until the end of the lockdown. In the interest of everyone, we ask that you return reserved items within 7 business days in person or by mail. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please contact the information department (Information) by e-mail or use our contact form.