Regulations for restricted library use - Status 14.09.2020
Because of the Corona pandemic and the therefore taken precautions, we can offer our services currently only to a limited extend.
- The library is open, but the number of persons allowed in the building at the same time is limited. This is why we ask you to keep the length of your stay to a minimum. If you come by, please be sure to wear a mouth-nose-cover, to keep your distance and act according to the common hygiene rules.
- Our current opening hours are: Monday to Friday, 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
- All items (even from the reference collection, the textbook collection and the philological libraries) have to be ordered via the online catalogue and are ready for pick up on the next workday and for five days in total.
Returned items have to be quarantined for twenty-four hours and can thus be provided again only on the day after the next workday.
At the moment the loan period of borrowed items (with the exception of reserved items and interlibrary loans) is extended automatically. If one of the items you have borrowed is reserved and the loan period can't be extended anymore, you'll be notified by e-mail. Please return such items whithin one week.
From October 1st, 2020 we will be charging overdue fees again.
In this regard, we ask you to read our Update on fees and lending conditions
Items from the reference collection and journal volumes can be borrowed for two weeks, provided that they are not subject to a special protection. With these items, the loan period cannot be extended.
- The main reading room is open to a limited number of persons. Here you'll also find public computer workstations to access our electronic ressources. All workplaces have to be reserved in advance. Please us our booking system for this purpose. If you have made a reservation and do not contact the information desk in the reading room within one hour after its starting time, it will expire.
- In the Infosaal you have access to two book scanners and two multi-function devices which allow you to scan, print and copy your documents.
- The textbook colletion and the philological libraries are not accessible.
- At the moment print jobs can only be commissioned to the Fotostelle by e-mail. Finished print jobs can be picked up and paid for on the next workday between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm in the Fotostelle. Please have your UdS-/library-card ready and charged with enough money to pay, when you come by to pick up your print jobs. If necessary, please charge your card in the entrance area of the library, before contacting the the staff in the Fotostelle.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us anytime via our contact form.
We ask for your understanding for the measures taken and will keep you informed on further developments here.